Fall Semester October 4 – December 13
To sign up for any of these classes, please click HERE!
Becoming More (women’s class) taught by Deb Peets
The purpose of this study is to help women not only know God’s truth but also feel equipped to live it out in their everyday lives. When the strains of life press against us, do we live as if Jesus really works?
- Effectively study God’s Word and make a Bible passage come alive in our devotional time.
- Move beyond facts and head knowledge and learn how to apply God’s truth in our lives.
- Replace doubt, regret, and envy with truth, confidence, and praise.
- Stop the unhealthy cycles of striving and truly learn to understand who we are in Christ and what we have been given.
- Discover how to have inner peace and security in any situation.
- Sense God responding to our prayers.
Biblical Eldership (men’s class) taught by Pastor Cook
Beginning with four broad categories of eldership (leading, feeding, caring, and protecting), this class explores the essential work of elders, their qualifications (including why qualifications are necessary), their relationships with each other, and each of the biblical passages related to eldership.
Modern culture would have you believe that everyone has a soul mate; that romance is the most important part of a successful marriage; that your spouse is there to help you realize your potential; that marriage does not mean forever, but merely for now; and that starting over after a divorce is the best solution to seemingly intractable marriage issues. But these modern-day assumptions are wrong. Timothy Keller, with insights from Kathy, his wife of thirty-seven years, shows marriage to be a glorious relationship that is also misunderstood and mysterious. The Meaning of Marriage offers instruction on how to have a successful marriage, and is essential reading for anyone who wants to know God and love more deeply in this life.